Saturday, March 3, 2012

Really? Really?

So, I'm going to preface this with the statement that I think I'm probably PMSing. I mean, that would help explain the moodiness and cravings for Chinese food. Also, I ate something and now I feel better. So that could be part of it.

Anyway, I never thought that trying to cancel my AT&T Uverse internet would be this big of a pain in the butt. Now I know it is.

First of all, I tried to go into an AT&T store to cancel my service and return my box. They very kindly told me that I had to call a certain number to take care of it. So I tried calling it today and first of all, I know calling customer service at 2 pm on a Saturday afternoon is bound to be one of the peak times, but a 20 minute wait seemed a little long. Then my brother came and I had to go let him in.

Of course as soon as I get to the front door is when the service rep picks up. I have to rush back to the apartment to get the info, and it takes a little bit, but I get there. Then when I go to find the acct number on the page, it tells me that the website is upgrading and I can't see it. So I then I'm supposed to give this guy a PIN that I made up a year ago and haven't used since. Or answer some questions that I gave my best answers to and those weren't correct. My childhood hero? Of course it's Annie Oakley, it has to be. Who the fuck else would I pick?

I try a couple of PINs and another answer to the question (Snow White) but nothing works. I will admit at this point I get a little testy. I kind of spew for a few seconds about how I don't like being put through all this rigamarole just to cancel my internet service. I don't yell, I don't curse, I just say what I feel about it. But I know you can hear the stress behind my voice. The Customer Service Rep explains to me how the SEC has to have all of this stuff, and I can hear the frustration in his voice. He is on the Saturday Afternoon Shit Shift on AT&T Customer Service Team, so I can't blame him entirely, but still.

So instead they try the whole calling me on the number I'm talking on thing, but I don't really understand how call waiting works, and he has to call me a second time. I answer the other line and he gets a snotty sort of attitude with me, which I don't appreciate. Then he hangs up and I have to switch back to the other line, which is on hold.

Since I've NEVER put someone on hold on my phone, I have no fucking clue how to unhold someone. I try pushing this button and that, poking here and there and NOTHING I try works. NOTHING. I'm crying by this point and my brother is here, so I ask him for help, and he gets it, but by the time I get back on the line, the Customer Service Rep has HUNG UP. ON ME.

I was so mad. Like, break something mad. But I paced around a little bit, crying more, put my phone down on the couch, and decided I wasn't going to call back today. So, I figure it's PMS and probably not having had anything to eat since my 11 brunch with Besser.

So I ate something and have since calmed down, but I'm still not calling back today.

No comments: